Maps required for teams entering the Chiltern 20 route:
- OS Explorer Map 181 - Chiltern Hills North
All participants must wear walking boots or robust shoes with a gripped sole (no trainers). Participants will not be permitted to walk if they are not wearing walking boots or robust shoes.
All walkers must wear or carry:
- Suitable clothing for weather conditions (no denim clothing) which must include each of the following items:
- Waterproof jacket with hood and waterproof over-trousers
- Jumper or fleece
- Walking boots or robust shoes with a gripped sole (no trainers)
- Hi-vis jacket (with or without sleeves)
- Head torch
- Identification wristband and orange tracker band (issued to each participant when teams register)
- Day sack containing:
- Water in a suitable container
- Emergency rations
There will be no food available at check points. All participants must make sure that they have sufficient provisions to sustain then for a whole day’s walking.
All teams must carry:
- Two OS maps of the area OS Explorer Map 181 - Chiltern Hills North. Maps must either be waterproof or in a map case.
- Two compasses (Silva or similar)
- Compact basic First Aid Kit
- At least two mobile phones which must be fully charged at the start of the event and must be switched on throughout the event so that the event organisers can contact teams at any time. The mobile phone numbers must be given to the member of staff at registration.
- All walkers must have a head torch (see above). In addition, the team must have at least ONE torch which has a red coloured light. This is for the back marker to wear, or show on the back of their day sack, when walking along a road during the hours of darkness.